Our Commitment to You—the Parents
Our mission at Small Steps-Big Strides is to offer your family the care, comfort, fun and safety of your child – from infants to 11 years old. We strive to be your partner in their emotional growth and physical development. Each day promises an exciting new adventure with age-appropriate, stimulating, cutting-edge curriculum and programs.
The underlying philosophy of respect, reciprocal relationships, and community manifests itself in our goals as we assist in the development of your child.
Small Steps – Big Strides Childcare was established to provide quality, loving care for children 6 weeks to 11 years old. The teachers recognize the importance of balance and provide opportunities for mental, physical, and emotional growth through a variety of learning and creative experiences. Children are encouraged to learn and explore at their own pace in areas that interest them.
We pledge each day to strive…
- to be role models, creating an atmosphere where respect for one another and ourselves manifests itself in everything we do
- to provide qualified, caring and enthusiastic educators who will nurture each child’s learning, thinking and development.
- to offer a safe, secure environment where each child’s individual needs are recognized and respected.
- to enable creativity that will foster mental growth by providing opportunities for testing new ideas, new ways of thinking and problem solving that acknowledges and celebrates their uniqueness and diversity.
- to develop a curriculum based on observations, strengths, and interests of the children to nurture their development and offer experiences that help children learn about themselves and the world around them.
- to make transparent to parents, families and children the learning environment we are creating and sharing those milestones and achievements through a variety of assessments and documentation.
- to communicate effectively with parents to form a cooperative team, the key to fostering a child’s success. Communication provides opportunity for the child to reach their maximum potential both inside and outside the classroom.